Vibhore Kumar Rastogi
Vibhore Kumar Rastogi Assistant professor email@example.com +91-9557791988
Areas of Interest
- 1. Production and surface modification of micro/nanofibrillated cellulose (MFC/NFC) and Industrial Applications, 2. Bio-based materials, Biocomposites and Bioplastics synthesis, 3. Thermo-responsive MFC packaging, Bio-inspired nano-coatings for water repellent packaging material, Green processing of polymers and different filler materials, 4. Pulp & paper, Papermaking and Paper properties, 5. High-precision Thermoformed pulp products, Sacrificial pulp moulds for ceramic casting, 6. Ceramic based buoyancy modules for Deep-Sea Applications, with extreme hydrostatic compressive strength, 7. Tissue papers, production and different aspects for enhancing softness
|2020-01-01||Ongoing||Assistant Professor||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India|
|2018-01-01||2 years||Postdoctoral Fellow||Aalto University, Finland|
|2016-01-01||2 years||Postdoctoral Fellow||Empa, Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology, Dübendorf, Switzerland|
|2011-01-01||1 year||Master Thesis Worker||Dresden University of Technology, Germany|
|2020-01-01||Ongoing||Warden Malviya and Indira Bhawan||IIT Roorkee Saharanpur Campus|
|2020-01-01||Ongoing||Faculty-In charge for No Dues||Department of Paper Technology, IIT Roorkee|
Honors and Awards
|Coatings Best Review Paper Award||MDPI, Basel, Switzerland||2016|
|Best Poster Award||BPPA 14, Budapest||2014|
|DAAD Master Sandwich Scholarship||German Academic Exchange Service, Germany||2011|
|GATE Scholarship||Ministry of Health Research and Development, India||2010|
|PhD||Bio-based Materials Engineering||Albert Ludwig University of Freiburg, Germany||2016|
|M.Tech||Pulp and Paper Engineering||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India||2012|
|B.Tech||Biotechnology||Gautam Buddh Technical University (formerly UPTU), Lucknow, India||2010|
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
Research Scholar Groups
|Palak Sharma||Antimicrobial Packaging Material|
|Jyoti Singh||Blending of cotton stalk fiber with bagasse for paper making (co-guide)|
|Nikhil Gupta||Utilization of agro residues in pulp and paper making (co-guide)|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Date|
|Paper Based Value Added Products||Arihant Ahuja||O||2020-08|
Participation in short term courses
|Couse Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Tissue Papermaking Training||Valmet Karlstad Learning Centre, Sweden||2019-01|
Other work- REVIEWER for International Journals, 1) Materials, 2) Coatings, 3) Forests, 4) Nanomaterials, 5) Polymers, 6) BioResources, 7) Express Polymers Letters. Review details at Publons: https://publons.com/researcher/1293016/vibhore-kumar-rastogi - ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Vibhore_Rastogi2 - Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vibhore-rastogi-54a44a5a/
Refereed Journal Papers
# Refereed Journal Papers (SCI/SCIE Indexed):
- Karakoç A, Rastogi V, Isoaho T, Tardy B, Paltakari J, Rojas OJ. Comparative Screening of the Structural and Thermomechanical Properties of FDM Filaments Comprising Thermoplastics Loaded with Cellulose, Carbon and Glass Fibers. Materials, 2020, 13, 422. DOI: 10.3390/ma13020422 (IF = 2.972)
- Rastogi V, Samyn P. Novel processing of polyhydroxybutyrate with micro- to nanofibrillated cellulose and effect of fiber morphology on crystallization behaviour of composites, Express Polymer Letters, 2019, 14(2), 115-133. DOI: 10.3144/expresspolymlett.2020.11 (IF = 2.875)
- Rastogi V, Jiang B, Sturzenegger P, Gonzenbach U, Vetterli M, Blugan G, Kuebler J. A processing route for dip-coating and characterization of multi-structured ceramic foam, Ceramics International, 2019, 45(17), 21887-2189. DOI: 10.1016/j.ceramint.2019.07.199 (IF = 3.450)
- Rastogi V, Samyn P. Synthesis of polyhydroxybutyrate particles with micro-to-nanosized structures and application as protective coating for packaging papers, Nanomaterials, 2017, 7(1) 5, 1-18. DOI: 10.3390/nano7010005 (IF = 4.034)
- Rastogi V, Großmann H, Ray A.K., Greiffenberg I. Dependence of softness perception on tissue physical properties and development of neural model for predicting softness, IPPTA: Quarterly Journal of Indian Pulp and Paper Technical Association, 2017, 29(2), 128-135.
- Samyn P, Van Nieuwkerke D, Rastogi V, Stanssens D. Influence of synthesis conditions on thermal release of palm oil as liquid core filled in polymeric nanoparticles, Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, 2017, 130 (3), 1973-1986. DOI: 10.1007/s10973-017-6519-6 (IF = 2.471)
- Rastogi V, Stanssens D, Samyn P. Reaction efficiency and retention of poly(styrene-co-maleimide) nanoparticle deposits on fibrillated cellulose surfaces, Carbohydrates Polymers, 2016, 141, 244-252. DOI: 10.1016/j.carbpol.2016.01.018 (IF = 6.044)
- Samyn P, Nieuwkerke D, Rastogi V, Stanssens D. Tuning thermal release kinetics of soy oil from organic nanoparticles using variable synthesis conditions, Particuology, 2016, 26, 54-65. DOI: 10.1016/j.partic.2015.12.008 (IF = 2.616)
- Rastogi V, Samyn P. Review: Bio-based coatings for paper applications, Coatings, 2015, 5, 887-930. DOI: 10.3390/coatings5040887 (Best Review Paper Award 2016, IF = 2.330)
- Rastogi V, Stanssens D, Samyn P. Mechanism for tuning the hydrophobicity of microfibrillated cellulose films by controlled thermal release of encapsulated wax, Materials, 2014, 7(11), 7196-7216. DOI: 0.3390/ma7117196 (IF = 2.972)
- Rastogi V, Samyn P. Novel production method for in-situ hydrophobization of a microfibrillated cellulose network, Materials Letters, 2014, 120, 196-199. DOI: 10.1016/j.matlet.2014.01.060 (IF = 3.019)
# Conference Papers and Abstract Published in National/International Conference Proceedings:
- Rastogi V, Samyn P. Compression Molding of Polyhydroxybutyrate Nano-composite Films as Coating on Paper Substrates, Proceedings of 2nd Coatings and Interfaces Web Conference (MDPI), 2020. DOI: 10.3390/CIWC2020-06797
- Samyn P, Rastogi V. Formulation and processing of PHB with fibrillated cellulose for nanocomposite films and paper coatings, 1st PHA World Congress, p. 41, Köln, Germany, 2018.
- Samyn P, Rastogi V. Synthesis of PHB micro- to nanoscale particles for bio-based packaging, 14th International Conference of Renewable Resources and Biorefineries, Ghent, Belgium, 2018.
- Rastogi V, Samyn P. Surface Functionalization of Fibrillated Cellulose by Nanoparticle Deposition and Use as Paper Coating Additive, PTS Faserstoff Symposium, Dresden, Germany, 2015.
- Samyn P, Rastogi V. PHB/NFC blends for composite and coating applications, 23rd annual meeting of the Bio-Environmental Polymer Society, (BEPS 2015), p. 27, Karlsruhe, Germany, 2015.
- Samyn P, Rastogi V, D. Stanssens. Fibrillar nanocellulose with sustained release of encapsulated wax from nanoparticle deposits, 4th EPNOE International Polysaccharide Conference, p. 45, Warsaw, Poland, 2015.
- Rastogi V, Samyn P. Improvements in mechanical properties polyhydroxybutyrate by nanocellulose additives, 8th European Symposium on Biopolymers ESBP2015, p. 128, Rome, Italy, 2015.
- Samyn P, Herberger T, Rastogi V. Formulation and characterization of PHB/NFC blends for potential thermoforming applications, p. 75, Biopolymers and Bioplastics Conference, San Francisco, USA, 2015.
- Rastogi V, Samyn P. Fully bio-based protective coating for packaging papers, 11th Coatings Science International COSI, p. 126-130, Noordwijk, The Netherlands, 2015.
- Samyn P, Rastogi V. Chemical surface homogeneity of an organic nanoparticle coating analyzed by secondary ion mass spectroscopy and imaging, 11th Coatings Science International COSI, Noordwijk, The Netherlands, 2015.
- Rastogi V, Herberger T, Samyn P. Crystallization behaviour and thermal properties of bio-based PHB/NFC nanocomposite blends, Biopolymer Materials and Engineering (BiMatE), Slovenj Gradec, Slovenia, 2015.
- Rastogi V, Herberger T, Samyn P. Nanofibrillated cellulose as a nucleating agent to improve polyhydroxyalkanoates crystallization behavior, Macromolecular Colloquium, Freiburg, Germany, 2015.
- Rastogi V, Samyn P. Improvement in barrier resistance properties of microfibrillated cellulose nanocomposite films, Materials Science and Engineering - MSE Conference, Darmstadt, Germany, 2014.
- Rastogi V, Stanssens D, Samyn P. Hydrophobic surface modification of softwood cellulose nanofibers through nanoparticle deposition, 10th Congress for Biobased Materials, Natural Fibres and WPC (Biopolymers 2014), Stuttgart, Germany, 2014.
- Samyn P, Rastogi V. Bio-mimicking of superhydrophobic surfaces with structured polyhydroxybutyrate particles, International conference on bio-friendly polymers and polymer additives, p. 62, Budapest, Hungary, 2014 (Poster Award).
- Samyn P, Rastogi V, Thermally controlled release of plant wax from nanocomposite films of microfibrillated cellulose, International conference on bio-friendly polymers and polymer additives, p. 62, Budapest, Hungary, 2014.
- Rastogi V, Taheri H, Samyn P. A novel production method for hydrophobized microfibrillated cellulose, 4th International Conference of Biodegradable and Biobased Polymers (Biopol – 2013), Rome, Italy, 2013.
- Taheri H, Rastogi V, Samyn P, Production and rheology of microfibrillated cellulose (MFC) dispersions under different homogenization conditions, 4th International Conference of Biodegradable and Biobased Polymers (Biopol – 2013), Rome, Italy, 2013.
- Taheri H, Rastogi V, Samyn P, Production and characterization of microfibrillated cellulose (MFC) as valuable additive for biocomposites, 22nd Internal Kolloquium Freiburger Materialforschungszentrum (FMF), Schluchsee, Germany, 2013.
- Chattopadhyay S, Rastogi V, Dattatreya J.G, Ray A.K, Drug Loading in Pulp Cellulose Fibre and Its Release Behaviour, 12th AIChE Annual Meeting, Pittsburgh, USA, 2012.