- Areas Of Research And Consultancy
- Sponsored Research Project
- Research Project And Consultancy
- Collaborative And Research Activities With Foreign Agencies
- Tailor Made Programs Conducted For International Trainees
- Consultancy And Testing
- Sponsoring Agency
- Chemical Recovery
- Environmental Engineering
- Energy Management ECF and TCF bleaching
- Modeling of Process Systems
- Non-wood Fiber Pulping
- Pulp Processing
- Paper Making
- Morphological Studies
- Pulp Evaluation Paper Testing
- Process Improvement and Modifications
- Product Development
- Techno Economy Feasibility Report for Paper Industry
- DCS Applications in Process Industries
- Microprocessor/PC based control systems
- Power engineering Systems
- Power engineering Systems
- Process Instrumentation and Control Systems
- Air conditioning
- Boiling heat transfer
- Energy conservation
- Production engineering
- Lignin chemistry
- Modeling of pulp washing
- Plasma instability
- Stellar rotation
- Optimization techniques
The faculty is actively busy in many sponsored research projects from UGC, DST, CSIR, MOEF, UPCST and industry etc. Presently 12 full time research scholars are pursuing for their Ph.D. degrees. The well equipped laboratories are providing very useful service to the Industry and many Governmental Organizations. 10 PhD have already been awarded through this Institute and many more are in advanced stage of submission. The department has been identified under Special Assistance Program of UGC for a project on waste Paper Processing. The work is likely to start soon on the same.
- Laboratory studies on the removal of pollutants form bleach plant effluent of the pulp and paper industry
- Material conservation in paper making using electrochemical charge measurement technique (Zeta meter)
- Material evaluation in environment friendly bleach media of paper industry
- Optimum Operation of brown stock washing to reduce pollution load in pulp and paper industry
- Selection of optimization of environmentally compatible non-wood pulping processes
- Study of dioxins and furans present in Indian environment
- Studies on development and optimization of environmentally compatible pulp and bleaching technology of bagasse
- Study of printing characteristics of paper made from Indian pulp
- Environmental management of pulp and bleach plants
- Fiber morphology and secondary fiber processing
- Formation and forming fabrics
A number of activities have run with many international agencies as detailed below:
Programs Conducted Under Pulp And Paper Education Program (PPEP) With NTH, Trondheim (Norway) AT DPT
- Fiber Morphology and Secondary Fiber Processing , (Feb.,1993) with outside faculty from Norway and DPT faculty.
- Formation and Forming Fabrics (Nov,1993) with outside faculty from Norway and DPT faculty.
- Environmental Management of Pulp and Bleach plants (Feb.1994) with outside faculty and Norway and DPT faculty.
Visits of faculty members were also arranged for short and long duration as below to NTH, Trondheim, Norway..
Dr. N. J. Rao, Professor and Dr. M. C. Bansal, Professor for lecturing for 3 months duration each.
Dr. Satish Kumar, Associate Professor and Dr. C. H. Tyagi, Assistant Professor for 10 months duration to attend International Pulp and Paper programs.
Faculty of DPT is actively busy in consultancy and testing work, and it has risen over the last few years. Many Govt. and Semi-Govt. organizations like State Bank of India, Reserve Bank of India, Survey of India, Director General Quality Assurance, State Transport Corporations, State Text Book Publication Boards, NCERT, IGNOU etc are regular clients. Even paper samples for testing are received from Nepal on sustained basis.
Prof. N. J. Rao is always in demand by may National and International agencies. Prof. M. C. Bansal and Prof. A. K. Ray are also always busy with many different types of assignments from different agencies. Facilities are developed and maintained even with limited resources to serve the industry and other agencies alike.